A PI begins with a " is a PI (in this case, a XML instruction) that attaches a XSL style sheet to the XML document for layout processing.
The XML Declaration (the first line of an XML document) is also a processing instruction. You can create and extend your own tags to suit your application.
- 20-NOV-2011 -- JS-YAML, a Java Script YAML parser by Alexey Zapparov and Vitaly Puzrin.
- 18-AUG-2010 -- Ruby 1.9.2 includes psych, a libyaml wrapper by Aaron Patterson.
- 17-MAY-2001 -- YAML now has a mailing list at Source Forge.
It specifies a set of constraints and establishes the trees that are acceptable in an XML document.
It is a subset of Standard General Markup Language (SGML). It is developed and maintained by World-Wide Web Consortium (W3C) @
(W3C also maintains specifications for HTTP, HTML, XHTML, CSS, among others.) XML is a family of technologies, which includes: I assume that you have some basic understanding of the HTML.
- 10-OCT-2003 -- The Syck implementation with bindings for Ruby, Python, and PHP is now at version .41 - 26-APR-2003 -- Mike Orr has taken over the Pure Python development.
- 26-APR-2003 -- Brian Ingerson has created a FIT platform for Wiki-like testing. - 25-JUL-2002 -- Both the Ruby and Python parsers have made significant progress.